July 8, 2008

Sarah works....Miguel plays

Sarah is out working so I decided I would go out and have some fun with my sister Claudia in New Orleans. You can see the Mississippi River as you are about to land in New Orleans. We have flown over the river countless times and I have never taken a picture so I did this time and thought I would share with all of you.








My sister is a season ticket holder for the New Orleans Zephyrs triple A affiliate of the New York Mets. So of course we went to the game and sat around before the game in the season ticket holders suit. In the background you can see the Zephyrs Military camouflage jersey they wore to honer the Military.








Here is a picture from the Suite. I have to say I had never been up there, but I was truly impressed. Claudia and I had a great time at the game. We even received a broken bat that ended up in the stands. I know it's a broken bat but it's just one of those things that fans would love to have, just like a baseball from the game.....well I got a bat from the game.








My sister is usually known as "Third base fan " because her seats are next to third base. Claudia is your typical baseball fan......well sort of. You have to know my sister to really understand her DEVOTION to the Zephyrs. Recently they gave away these little cow bells at one of the games to all of the fans. My sister now uses it at every game and is now known as the Cow Bell Girl, and yesterday I was known as Cow Bell Girl's brother. It was awesome.














Here we are with Boudreax who is the mascot.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Love the pictures! Although it is scary to see that I am almost as big as Boux. That was a fun night despite the two guys who wanted to kick my butte. One was a loser of a fan that was mad that Miguel and I got the broken bat and the other was the Z's SS who was so upset with my telling him that he needs to keep his eyes open to play the game that he accused me of drinking too much. Me - drink at the ball park? That’s outrageous!

Corrie- said...

I got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell!

That's one of our favorite skits on SNL! How did you know?

Congrats on your free bat, your adventures sounded like they were really fun!

Claudia said...

Totally cool backgroun!

Emily said...

I am excited that you have joined the blogging world. It is so nice to keep in touch with the family. Do you mind if I link to your blog? I am glad that you and Miguel are doing well.